UPLIFT ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT PHILOSOPHY
We believe that physical activity is an integral component of a scholar’s intellectual and emotional development. The athletic program of each campus is designed to complement and foster our academic goals. We offer every scholar the opportunity to participate in a variety of programs provided they are able to maintain a level of academic performance consistent with our network mission. Our goal is the development of our scholars who are able to meet and balance the demands of our rigorous curriculum as well as the challenges of our athletic programs.
Uplift Education’s mission is to create and sustain public schools of excellence that empower each student to reach their highest potential in college and the global marketplace and which inspire a life-long love of learning, achievement, and service in order to positively change their world.
- Athletic involvement complements, supports and extends the overall learning experience to align with the International Baccalaureate (IB) track of study that develops the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalized society.
- Athletic involvement will provide opportunities to develop life skills such as teamwork, time management, responsibility and respect.
- Athletic involvement will provide experiences that will be a catalyst in increasing school moral and provide an avenue for scholars to take pride in their school and themselves.
- Athletic involvement will be instrumental in the development of leadership skills by promoting positive behaviors that show respect for rules, opponents, officials, teammates and the game they play.
- Athletic involvement is a privilege for all scholars who are willing and capable of meeting the standards of the academic program.
- Athletic involvement, with cooperation from parents, the student body, Uplift Education and the community will lead to the development of a successful program.
- Athletic involvement is a tool to teach character development through exercising sportsmanship, being a good citizen, and putting the needs of others ahead of oneself.